Mormonism is considered a non-Christian cult by all of Christianity.
Christianity teaches that there is only one God. Mormonism teaches that there are many gods. Christianity teaches you cannot become a god. Mormonism says you can. In fact, Mormonism teaches that God used to be a man on another planet who became a god and brought one of his wives with him to this world. Like all non-Christian cults, Mormonism uses the Bible to support its doctrines and does so improperly.
Following is a list of a few doctrines of Mormonism. Do you want to put your eternal trust in a church that teaches the following doctrines?
- The true gospel was lost from the earth. Mormonism is its restoration (Mormon Doctrine, by Bruce R. McConkie, p. 635). They teach there was an apostasy and the true church ceased to exist on earth.
- There are many gods (Mormon Doctrine, p. 163).
- There is a mother god (Articles of Faith, by James Talmage, p. 443).
- God used to be a man on another planet, (Mormon Doctrine, p. 321; Joseph Smith, Times and Seasons, vol. 5, p. 613-614; Orson Pratt, Journal of Discourses, vol. 2, p. 345; Brigham Young, Journal of Discourses, vol. 7, p. 333).
- After you become a good Mormon, you have the potential of becoming a god, (Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, p. 345-347, 354).